NOTICE: If you are a current member of the WFU Student Blue plan, you may have received a letter from BCBSNC requesting that you provide a social security number or taxpayer identification number. This IS a legitimate request.
Why should you give BCBSNC this information? Providing your social security number or ITIN number helps you get credit for having health insurance coverage. This may help you avoid a fine from the IRS for not having coverage. The Affordable Care Act says that most Americans must have health insurance, and it is a WFU requirement for enrollment for all students. If someone does not have health insurance, they could have to pay a fine. The IRS asks health insurers to report information on their members so it can keep track of who has health insurance.
If you have any questions regarding this communication, please contact the student insurance office at 336.758.4247 or via email at email@example.com.
SPRING 2016 Open Enrollment (New & Returning Students)
Enrollment/Waiver Period 11/2/15 – 1/4/16
Wake Forest University is committed to the health and well-being of all of its students.
Health Insurance is required as a condition of enrollment for:
- Full-time, degree-seeking domestic undergraduate students in Wake Forest College
- Degree-seeking domestic graduate students* in the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, Divinity, School of Business and School of Law
- International students with F or J visas
- Undergraduate students who are degree-seeking students who only need part-time status to compete their degree
Students who are covered under their own insurance plan or a parent’s plan, that meets the WFU criteria (found here), may elect to waive the Student Blue plan. Students must enroll or waive prior to the fall semester each year, as the benefits period is 8/1/15 – 7/31/16,
If you wish to continue your current insurance election (enrollment or waiver) for spring and summer 2016, you do not need to take any action. Your Student Blue coverage will automatically continue for the remainder of the benefits year, given you remain eligible for coverage.
Want to make a change?
If you elected to waive for the fall term but want to enroll for the spring/summer term or was enrolled for the fall and now need to waive coverage for the spring/summer term, select the link below to complete the insurance election change request form. The form must be submitted by Monday, January 4, 2016. Late forms will not be accepted.
- Visit www.bcbsnc.com/wfu between November 2, 2015 and January 4, 2016 at 5:00pm EST.
- Click on “Enrollment,” to establish an account and complete the enrollment process, or select “Waiver” if you have coverage that meets the University criteria for waiver. Continue through the prompts to enroll/waive.
- A confirmation email will soon follow with a confirmation ID number that needs to be kept for records.
- New students who do not take action through the website prior to the January 4th deadline, will be auto-enrolled into the Student Blue plan, and the student account WILL be charged.
The Student Blue premium for all WFU Students (8/1/15 – 7/31/16) will be $2,530 per year, or $1,265 per semester.
For more information, please contact BCBSNC Student Blue at 1-800-579-8022, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the WFU Student Insurance office at 1-336-758-4247.