Facts about S.I.P.
Student Blue Plan Highlights (8/1/14-7/31/15):
- Fully Compliant with the American College Health Association (ACHA)
- No lifetime maximum
- Unlimited pharmaceutical benefits
- Intercollegiate athletic injuries covered
- Preventive care inclusions
- No pre-existing condition exclusions for students who enroll during the approved period
- Low in-network deductible – $200
- 80% coinsurance in-network; 70% out-of-network
- No limit on in-patient treatment for psychiatric care
To access the benefits summary, rates, and brochure, visit the BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina website.
Coverage Periods for 2014-15
- Fall Semester: August 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014
- Spring Semester: January 1, 2015 – July 31, 2015
Fall 2014 – Spring 2015 Costs
||Cost Per Semester
||Total Annual Cost *
|25 and older
Final rates may be revised after review by the North Carolina Department of Insurance
REFUND POLICY: There are no premium refunds except for students entering full-time active duty in any Armed Forces.
*A portion of the cost of the Student Insurance Program is retained by Wake Forest University to pay for student health services supplied by WFU and administrative costs. The State of North Carolina no longer allows “age-banding” of premiums within individual products (i.e., Student Blue, BCBSNC plan). Wake Forest has elected to subsidize the cost of majority of our students under the age of 25. Therefore, the rates you see will show a slightly higher rate for students over age 25. All charges for the Student Insurance Program, including reserve funds, are retained by Wake Forest University solely for the purposes of funding plan expenses and/or for the equitable and non-discriminatory benefit of plan participants.